This post is, first of all, a public apology to Ijeoma of Ijefinelivin’. I’m quite ashamed to say I was nominated for this award by her since March.
*covers face and wails*
Fuuuuunkeee! Apostle must hear of this!
For some reason, I just never got around to posting it but I believe now is a good time as any, no? Right? Right? OK, great! Now, unto the award—thank you so, so much Ijeoma for this nomination. I’m genuinely honoured.
Like the Blogger Recognition Award, the Liebster Award is also a tag, where bloggers nominate each other to answer a number of questions and select other bloggers to do the same. The guidelines are as follows:
1. Write a blog post about your nomination, thanking the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog in your post.
2. Display the award on your blog.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers and ask them 11 questions as well.
6. List the rules in your post.
7. Inform the bloggers they’ve been nominated and provide a link to the post about your award. Continue reading “My Liebster Award”
To say I was shocked when I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award would be putting it mildly. I was pleasantly surprised. Apparently this is not a real award. It’s a kind of chain-post where one blogger tags another. The tagged blogger then answers a few questions and tags other bloggers. Still, I’m honoured.
1. You have to thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog;
2. You have to write a post to show your award;
3. Give a brief story of how you started your blog;
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers;
5. Select 15 bloggers you want to give this award to; and
6. Comment on the blogs of these 15 bloggers and let them know that you have nominated them, providing a link to the post you created. Continue reading “My Blogger Recognition Award”
Am I the only one who finds it a bit creepy that anyone who has your phone number has access to your WhatsApp? The other day I got a random message from a strange number and when I checked the person’s profile picture, it was someone I didn’t know. I didn’t reply the message, just blocked the number. But the feeling of being creeped out lingered, as it always does when I get the odd message from unknown people on my WhatsApp. And in my righteous discomfort, a thought popped into my head, ‘Girl, what are you even on about? You’re on social media’.
Oops. That’s true oh… Continue reading “Random Musings || On Social Media, Journals And Blogging”
How many people noticed I changed the look of the blog? Anybody? Yayyyy, I see a hand back there! Hiiiiii! *In Jenifa’s voice* ‘How is you?’ Good, good!
When I first decided to start blogging, I wasn’t really sure what direction I wanted the blog to go. Continue reading “This Should Be Called A Semi-Manifesto, No?”